By keeping these basic requirements in mind, you’ll be set for success in the Afrosmartshop.
Afrosmartshop is an Afro marketplace. Buyers come here to buy items they can’t find anywhere else. Everything that is offered for sale in the Afrosmartshop must primarily be African or made in Africa, have an African flair or be handmade items.
Handmade items are items that have been manufactured and / or designed by you, the seller.
If you sell handmade items, you agree that:
- All handcrafted items are made or designed by you. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that the production partner is in your corresponding offers.
- You describe exactly each person who is involved in the production of an item in your store in your “About” section.
- You are using your own photos or video content – not photos, artwork, or photos used by other sellers or websites. For more information on using suitable photos, see this help article.
By selling personalized or made-to-order items in the Handcrafted category, you agree that:
- All offers can be purchased at a fixed price.
- If you are using photos of previous work with customization options (such as color choices) included in the list, it will be clear from your description that the photos shown are only examples.
Craft supplies are tools, ingredients, or materials whose primary purpose is to create an item or a special occasion. Craft supplies can be handmade, commercial, or vintage. Party supplies can also be sold as craft supplies. Click here to learn more about what can be sold as craft supplies.
We encourage you to be transparent about how your craft supplies are made and where your materials come from. You can indicate whether your items have social or environmental properties, e.g. B. organic or recycled. You can also choose the place of manufacture. Learn more here./p>
Even if they otherwise meet our market criteria, prohibited articles, services and articles that violate our guidelines for the protection of intellectual property may not be sold on Afrosmartshop.
Resale is not permitted in the handicraft category in the Afrosmartshop. Resale refers to listing an item as handcrafted when you were not involved in the design or manufacture of that item.
Be aware that members may flag entries that violate our Afrosmartshop review guidelines. Afrosmartshop can remove any entries that violate our guidelines. Note that listing fees are non-refundable. Afrosmartshop can also block or terminate your account for violations. You are still on the hook to pay any outstanding fees on your Afrosmartshop account statement. Please see our Fee and Payment Policy for more information.
When raising money for a charity, you must get that charity’s approval.
Your shop represents you and your company to the Afrosmartshop community. It is important that you, your items, and your shop are presented honestly and accurately.
By selling at Afrosmartshop, you agree that you:
- Provide honest and accurate information in your “About” section.
- Make sure your business content, such as B. Text, photos or videos that are used to present yourself, your business or your offers, complies with Afrosmartshop guidelines, including our anti-discrimination guidelines.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you think someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to Afrosmartshop.
- Do not avoid fees.
- Do not create duplicate shops (shop) and do not take any other action (e.g. manipulating clicks, shopping carts or sales) to shill, manipulate or circumvent Afrosmartshop policies.
- Do not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers. These requirements are called our Seller Service Level Standards. Etsy may reach out to you if your shop fails to meet Afrosmartshop’s Seller Service Level Standards.
By selling on Afrosmartshop, you agree to:
- Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for shipping times vary by country. Read more in our Shipping Policy.
- Respond to Messages in a timely manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, Afrosmartshop can help through our case system. Read about your rights and responsibilities regarding cases here.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
Sellers may be charged for using some of Etsy’s services. There are fees associated with listing, selling, advertising, and certain other Etsy products and features. You can find information on fees in the Fees and Payments Policy.